SleepGuard and our website is owned and run by UK Innovations GP Ltd. We have been established since 2005 and we specialise in innovative, problem solving products. As well as a 60 day full money back policy all orders are also covered by payment protection for added security.
How does SleepGuard™ work?
SleepGuard™ works by holding the user’s lower jaw slightly forward. This minimises the vibrating of the soft palette at the back of the mouth which is the common cause of snoring. By having a permanent gap in the front of the mouthpiece it also ensures a constant airflow at all times during sleep.
How do I use the SleepGuard™?
After following the fitting instructions insert your SleepGuard™ into your mouth before going to sleep. Proper fitting with the instructions is essential to the effectiveness of the mouthpiece. This ensures that it will stay in a correct position during sleep. An antibacterial retainer box is also supplied with each order for safe and clean storage of your SleepGuard™ when not in use.
How do I fit the SleepGuard™?
1. Prepare the mouthpiece for fitting by inserting the supplied plastic spatula into the front gap. This will act as a handle for the heating process. You will also need a stopwatch or a clock/watch with a second hand on it.
2. Boil one cup of water and also have a cup of cold water ready.
3. Submerge the mouthpiece into the boiling water for 12 seconds
4. Remove from the water and shake off the excessive water before placing the mouthpiece into your mouth. Make sure that you are biting into the grooves and not the edges. Align your bottom jaw with your top jaw and firmly but gently bite down on the mouthpiece.
5. Keep your mouth closed and push against both sides of the mouthpiece with your fingers and tongue so that it moulds to the contours of your teeth and gums.
6. Hold in position for around one minute and then place in the cold water for two minutes to allow the mouthpiece to harden and retain its mould.
7. Remove the plastic spatula and check that the mouthpiece is comfortable and grips your upper and lower teeth. If it does not then repeat the fitting procedure.
*Full fitting instructions are supplied with every order.